Saturday, August 20, 2005

Slow weekend

What a week! We had a total of 10 new to us recipes. I think they all came out pretty well! It sure was a lot of stuff but it was fun making new things we haven't done before.

I love weekends but I just wish time would slow down a bit so we could enjoy them more. Took a nice walk this morning with the dogs before it was ungodly hot. We had to run out to home depot and get a repair kit to fix one of water hoses for the landscaping sprinklers - other than that its time to relax!

Since we had a couple tortillas left over I thought I would change up our saturday chicken salads a bit. I shaped and baked the tortillas (crispy and crunchy without all the deep fried guilt!) and then filled with romaine, broccoli, grilled herb-coated chicken breast, craisins, walnuts and topped with grated asiago cheese. This was a great variation to dinner!

Next on the list from Netflix for tonight is National Treasure. I don't even remember seeing any previews for this so hopefully it is good! Will be spending some time tonight going through the recipe stack and see what we come up with for this upcoming week. I hope to make a few new recipes but we will see. Keep watch and see what we come up with!

9 comments:

  1. Your dinner looked great -- I was wondering if you can tell us how you made the shell?

    Thanks. Love your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty salad...love the green and red! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! That salad looks too pretty to eat, Joe. Of course, it also looks too tasty not to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe how healthy you two eat! I wish I could get Matt to eat even half the veggies you do.

    Nat'l Treasure was a huge hit early summer...there's even talk of some sort of sequel.

    Let me know if you like it; I have it in our queue, as well. Somewhere in the 480-some films!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10 new recipes this week? Not too shabby...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon - Thanks! I use a mold that I bought a long time ago.

    Nic - Thanks! It was definetly tasty!

    Steph - We try to eat well - but we do splurge every now and then! More-so lately since its getting close to the holidays! We liked National Treasure - better than I expected!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The salad looks awesome. Will definitely give it a try. How long did you bake the shell for? So far I've only used my tacos to make wraps with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joe,

    I love the idea of chicken salads every Saturday night. Sure makes it easy to know what you're having and try out different ones. You've inspired me to do every Friday night pizzas. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Ruth! We baked them for about 8 mins @ 400.

    Pchy - Pizza nights sound great! So many ways to change them up!

    ReplyDelete